Why are landfills important?
Landfills are important because many people might not like the idea of a landfill in their area, or in their city, but it is vital part of the smooth running and clean initiative that you need when it comes to rubbish and waste disposal. This is why residents and businesses can enjoy a clean environment: all their garbage removal and waste disposal, that is collected and removed.
Facts you may not know about landfills
- About one-third of an average dump is made up of packaging material!
- Every year, each American throws out about 1,200 pounds of organic garbage that can be composted.
- The U.S. is the #1 trash-producing country in the world at 1,609 pounds per person per year. This means that 5% of the world’s people generate 40% of the world’s waste.
- The highest point in Hamilton County, Ohio (near Cincinnati) is “Mount Rumpke.” It is actually a mountain of trash at the Rumpke sanitary landfill towering 1045 ft. above sea level.
- The US population discards each year 16,000,000,000 diapers, 1,600,000,000 pens, 2,000,000,000 razor blades, 220,000,000 car tires, and enough aluminum to rebuild the US commercial air fleet four times over.
- Out of every $10 spent buying things, $1 (10%) goes for packaging that is thrown away. Packaging represents about 65% of household trash.
- On average, it costs $30 per ton to recycle trash, $50 to send it to the landfill, and $65 to $75 to incinerate it.
Quality Services from a Reliable Partner
Landfill.biz knows you deserve a partner you can trust at a price you can afford. We do our job right so you can focus on yours. We never compromise on quality or service and neither should you.
Let us save you money and time. Landfill.biz streamlines your site service and maintenance needs by providing a wide variety of superior services for your home, business and job site. No more shopping around and coordinating multiple services from separate companies.
National Site Materials and Arwood Site Services are major landfill providers.